Monday, June 02, 2003

Gary's First Day of Landscaping Revisited:

I had a 12 hour day doing landscaping... well 9.5 hour day I guess. It took and hour to get to the job, and then an hour to get to the next house. I'm just about dead. My arms hurt and my back hurts. It's a good thing I still have pain killers. It's not all that bad other than doing hard labour after not eating for 3 days. My mouth is a lot better and I'm glad to be working. Even if Tracie does make 2.5X more than me. Now I won't feel bad about buying a slush once in a while (Tracie reads the blog and that was mostly for her). It looks like I'll be easily be able to get 50-55 hour work weeks which will come in handy if we decide that paying tuition is something that we want to do next year. We might even be able to scrape togther a downpayment for a condo beside the university. Even if we only kept it for a year, that would mean an even bigger down payment on a real house later.
We found a condo we like right across the street from mcman stadium (1.5 blocks from the University) that is within our price range. We probably only need $2k more and we'll be set.

-Gary Milner

No comments: