Thursday, June 12, 2003

Let the Good Times Roll

So it seems that the party is a go for this Friday and Saturday. I still need to call back Corry to confirm the details with him, but it looks like Mom and Dad will be bring the BBQ along with most of the food for our dinner on Saturday. Apparently the Medicine Hat Institute is going white water rafting on Saturday and we might join them with our kayaks. I don't know what the arrangement for kayaks will be but I have my two and I suspect that the Milner's have at least one extra and maybe two depending on whether or not Dennis goes with.

Jackie's Visit Continues...

Jackie is still here on a kind of self exploration - or maybe it's a kind of Jeff exploitation... either way I'm glad to have her here visiting and it looks like she'll stay at least until Saturday for the big family shindig. She has been applying for jobs here and there and thinking - emphasis on thinking of going to get a new licence plate for her car, she hasn't done to much in the way of actually getting over there but she did at least phone them once.

Weed While You Feed

I borrowed my neighbours lawn mower yesterday. You should have seen the jungle that I had growing out there. Anyway today I bought some Weed 'N Feed fertilizer / weed poison and then sprayed the lawn with it. The guy at Canadian Tire said that it would take a lot longer for the spray kind than the kind you spread with a fertilizer spreader, but it only took me 10 to 15 minutes (20 tops) to spray down everything. The ants are still at large - and when I say large I mostly mean large anthills, but anyway hopefully now the weeds will die and the grass become as green as it is on the other side of the lake or more literally speaking on the other side of the fence.

No comments: