Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Landscaper-er:

At my job we do landscaping, not yard maintenance. My boss was explaining to me that we're better than those guys.

I said, "Yeah, anybody can push a lawnmower around."

He said, "Yeah, and not anybody can push a wheelbarrow."

It's funny because it's true. Not everybody can push a wheelbarrow. There is some skill involved. In fact, there are several things about my job that require at least a minimal amount of know how. Like raking, sweeping or even throwing bricks. Then there's knowing to use a line when you want something straight. If you're the boss, then you have to worry about the million things that seem to pop up all the time. Dad probably knows exactly what I'm talking about, being a contractor himself. Things you wouldn't even imagine just seem to happen.


-Gary Milner

No comments: