Wednesday, June 18, 2003

If You Lock Yourself Out of Your Car, Find a Dry Cleaner

I drove Jackie to Staples in Glen's car. As we were getting out, I handed the keys to Jackie. The keys were in her hand for up to 3 seconds before she put them on the floor to move her stuff around.

We didn't get what we needed in Staples, but we had just enough time to race to Michaels craft store. Except that the keys were still on the floor. Luckily we were advised by the people in Winners to go to the drycleaners to get a hanger. It's not just a name -Winners, the employees are actually winners. The lady at the drycleaners is a winner to. She gave us 2 hangers.

Glen's car does not unlock with a hanger, it doesn't unlock with 2 hangers either. By a miracle, I had left my window down about 1/4 of an inch. The plan was hatched that I would bend the hangers together to form a hook long enough to grab the keys off the floor. The joint was pretty crappy and so Jackie asked a fat couple if they had any pliers. They searched their entire car, but found nothing. They were so nice, that I am not going to make fun of fat people for 3 weeks.

I bent the hangers as best I could, and we decided that it would be strong enough. After a few minutes of shifting around, I managed to get the keys on the hook and was in the process of pulling them out of the car, when Jackie yelled be careful! As the joint was coming back out of the window, the second hanger fell off, and the keys landed under the steering wheel.

Chance took it's chance to strike, and we had the good fortune that the keys were close enough to grab with only one hanger. I had jackie pull the window down as best she could and after a few minutes I once again had the keys in my hand.

Walmart Employee of the Week

After we got the car unlocked, we went to Walmart, and saw a sign that said it would be 24 hours, but we convinced the kid to bump us ahead to noon. He said ok, then asked, in a lowered voice how soon do you really need them. We said right now, and he said ok and budded us right to the front of the line, and our pics were done in 30 minutes.

-Gary Milner

No comments: