Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bait Stealer

It was a long weekend this week, and so yesterday, Tracie and I decided to go to the beach.

We go to the beach even when it isn't a long weekend, but I think mentioning that we just had a long weekend with 102 °F weather is an important fact. Especially since most of you back in Canada are freezing your aces off. With no long weekend.

The only draw back to the whole excursion was that there were no waves at all in the ocean. It was like a giant salty Echo Dale lake or Lake Sikome for those of you from Calgary.

Since we couldn't surf the waves, we went fishing. We purchased some bait and went right to it. I caught a delicous rock cod, but that was the only luck we had. We were having a heck of a time getting the bait to stay on the hooks once it thawed. We could see it flying off the hook even as we were casting. Eventually we got sick of feeding the fish so we just gave the rest of the bait to the crabs. I got a couple of really good shots like this one. I'm going to try to upload them to the stock agency. They don't seem to have many live crab photos.

We went swiming after fishing, but I only brought my wetsuit to wear because we were going bodyboarding and it helps be stick to my board, but not my swimsuit. I had to swim in my basketball shorts,like a big white trash loser.

The water nicely offset the scorching heat and we had a really good time.

-Gary Milner

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Hey,
it was a blistering 39 degrees here in Pittsburgh yesterday.