Thursday, June 23, 2005

Victoria Wedding


So our trip to Victoria was one of the funnest trips I have ever taken. We drove her Grandparents in their minivan so that they could also attend the wedding. We had a really good time with them and did lots of fun stuff. The highlight of the trip though was the wedding.
We went to Cardston on Monday the 13th so that we could leave early the next morning to get a good jump on the trip. We ended up leaving Cardston at 6:30 in the morning. Tracie's Grandpa took the first shift driving. We stopped in Sparwood to buy some Gravol for Tracie and then continued on to Fernie.
The Old Homestead
This little cabin was Tracie's grandparent's first home in Fernie when they immigrated to Canada.
I took over the driving in Fernie and the rest of the drive was fairly uneventful. I didn't forget to turn in Creston this time, and so we didn't get to go on the ferry to Nelson, and I'm sure that it took a few hours off of our trips as compared to the last time we took this road to Vancouver.
Tracie
We got gas in Castlegar and continued on. When we arrived in Princeton, BC, there was some disscussion as to whether we should stop or press on. Tracie's Grandma wanted to stop, but didn't want to bother anyone else so she let Grandpa continue on to Hope even though she was getting tired from the drive. I would have been more than willing to continue on to Vancouver, but we got a room in Hope and then went to supper in some dinner. I took this photo of Tracie there.



Becky Jumping
That night Tracie's Dad called and asked where we were and what time we would be arriving in Victoria. I predicted that we would be there at noon. As it turned out, we go there at 12:30. We met up with them and then went for a walk. Becky and I went the furthest, but she got sick of walking before I did so we turned back to the Hotel after I took this photo of her jumping.
I think that I am entering a "jumping" phase in my photography hobby. I really like photos of people jumping right now. It adds action to what would otherwise be a regular photo. It's fun to see how the people look when they jump, and it is fun to use good camera angles to make them really high.

No comments: