Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Water Moccasins?

No, dry land moccasins, the ones Tracie gave me. At first I thought that they were pretty ugly. I still think that they are kind of ugly because of the fur. I'm not really a fur type of guy. It's like I'm stepping on a pair of bunnies everywhere I go. The moccasins are growing on me though, and not because of some weird, native american foot fungus. I'm starting to like them a lot. They are perfect for going on to the deck to barbecue or run out to the car.

When it comes right down to it, I love every single present that I was given this year.

Tracie's parents gave me a sweater, a pair of Levis, a tool kit (with 225 pieces), some socks as well as some wonderful joint gifts to Tracie and me.

My parents gave me 2 pairs of jeans, a t-shirt, and cash.

Tracie gave me a pair of sweaters and the afore-mentioned moccasins.

I read an article the other day about the economics of gift giving. It discusses the economic pros and cons of gift giving. It goes on to say that in a lot of cases, gift giving doesn't make sense mathematically. (Unless you're giving someone a calculator.)

No comments: