Friday, December 05, 2003

Tuition Increases Again

The University will be increasing tuition again next year. The increase will be 4.8%, as predicted. James was so confident, that he published an article about the 4.8% increase a day before the board of governers even met to vote on the issue.

The students held their token protest, which amounted to blocking traffic on one road leading into the University for 15 minutes. The police came, but didn't arrest anyone, which is too bad, because it would have made for some great news in my paper.

I only have a couple more hours of homework in my university career. I finished my last class yesterday, my 'things and stuff' class. I got this email from my prof later that day.

Hello Gary,
I wanted to convey my sincerest appreciation for the many times you have
volunteered to assist me with 333 activities. Thank-you for taking care of my
teaching evaluations.
Good luck with your exams.


I feel kind of bad about my previous posts, but really I stand by the fact that she said a lot of words, but not a lot of info, quite often. You may wonder why I volunteered so much as to warrant a thank-you email. Well, I just wanted the class to end. I had to do something to keep it moving. No one else seemed like they were going to volunteer ever, and I just wanted to end the painful silence.

-Gary Milner, close to being done university

No comments: