Friday, December 05, 2003

Also glad to be done...almost

This may sound selfish, but I don't really care if they increase tuition next year because I won't be a student next year. Maybe I don't know all of the facts and it will somehow affect me horribly, but if it doesn't affect me personally-although it sucks for next years students- it doesn't bother me.

Well, maybe that's a bit harsh, but I'm just so glad that this time next year I won't be here. Right now I'm sitting at the computer lab in the nursing building, where about 30 students from my class are busily discussing and writing their papers. We have no final exam, just one whopper of a paper. My group finished ours last week. It feels so good to be done, especially knowing that my classmates are spending their friday night here. Too bad for them.

All I have left now is a poster presentation for 2 hours on monday morning, and a final evaluation with my practicum instructor that afternoon. Boy am I glad to be done that practicum- the one in the weight loss clinic. I had a preceptor that actually works there that I went to work with over the semester. But I also have an instructor.

She doesn't actually instruct me, in fact I hardly ever see her, but she determines my final grade. She was horrible. I would hand in assignments almost nightly and would frequently have them returned because I never used enough professional references, or canadian references or nursing references. It was so frustrating. I'm a good student - an A student. I've never had work handed back, let alone every week. I gave her a poor evaluation. Another girl in my class even wrote a letter to the dean. Rumor has it that letters to the dean are written evey year, and that some staff have quit because they couldn't work with her. Those are rumors though, I take them with a grain of salt. (But I wouldn't doubt it)


No comments: