Thursday, December 18, 2003

How to Celebrate Being Done University

I recommend getting a Whopper at Burger King, with cheese and supersize the fries and drink. Then watching a movie that you downloaded off the internet. That's what I did anyway. It might not sound that great, but Tracie had to work over night, right after my exam.

It did get me thinking though. I think that no matter where you are in the world, you could get a combo from a Burger King or McDonald's even if you didn't speak the language. I say this because all you have to do is say, "Big Mac, Coca-Cola" and then nod when they ask, "as;ldjfasdofh?" (Translation: do you want fries?), nod when they say, "as;ldjfasodfijwe?" (Translation: do you want cheese?"), and nod again when they say, "asld;fjwoihlkcn?" (translation: do you want to supersize it?).

Really the system the Ray Crock invented crosses cultures. You don't need to be a linguist to order in Russia, Argentina, or Japan, you just need to know that they all ask the same questions in the same order every time and nod.

-Gary Milner, still looking for employment, just not at a fast food place.

No comments: