Saturday, December 13, 2003

The System Works For Normal People, Not Just Murderers And Young Offenders

My friend James posted this in a shout out, but I wanted to make sure that everybody who comes here sees it.

I took my friend Amanda downtown to take care of a speeding ticket Wednesday morning. It was pretty crowded, but we got their early, waited.

She was going 41 in the 30 (playground zone), and the ticket was just over $80 (which sounds low, but it said apparently even said "Playground Zone" on the ticket). So she sees the prosecutor.

Him: I have some bad news.
Her: ...
Him: Know, I don't want you to cry, but
Her: ...
Him: I think 11 kilometers over doesn't show enough tolerance, so I'm going to withdraw it. You're free to go. Have a merry Christmas.
Her: ...

Another ticket bites the dust. God bless the system.

James (who also advocates stealing music and movies, but doesn't steal movies because he is a sucker for Dolby surround sound)

No comments: