Friday, June 16, 2006

Australia

Well, things are going good here in Australia.

I've been following the World Cup in a pretty close manner. I bet Argentina and Holland would both win last night and they did. Argentina won 6-0 but I do have to admit that after the first three goals it was a pretty one sided affair. Holland won 2-1.

I'd give out my predictions for tonight, but I'm not sure who is playing tonight without consulting my magazine. Just to put things in perspective, of my 5 predictions, I was correct about all of them.

While we are only a third of the way through the first part of the world cup, I am going to predict a lot of draws in the second half of round-robin play. Most of the teams will have either secured their positions or been eliminated and there isn't any point in taking any chances on games where the outcome doesn't really affect anything.

I have a good feeling about a few more teams, and I let you know how I do.

-Gary

No comments: