Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Third Tim Hortons on the Right and Straight on Til Morning

My chief business is business. I am profoundly concerned with producing, buying, selling, investing and prospering in the world.

Today I rented a table for Monday the 23rd. It cost $48. I will have to sell two dozen doughnuts to cover the cost of the table. I will be purchasing 360 doughnuts to sell. I will have to sell 15 dozen to cover the cost of the doughnuts. That leaves me with 156 doughnuts to profit from. A possible gain of $312. That's a third of the monthly payment on my mortgage.

James sold 360 doughnuts in about three hours. I could pay a third of my mortgage in March by selling doughnuts for three hours.

By bourgeoisie is meant the class of modern capitalists, owners of the means of social production and employers of wage labor. By proletariat, the class of modern wage laborers who, having no means of production of their own, are reduced to selling their labour power in order to live.

I would have joined the bourgeoisie in this venture but the only proletariat I could find was Tracie's little sister Amy, and she's busy Monday. I guess I need to find some other sucker willing to sell their labour for $10 per hour. Then I'll have it made, then I'll be true bourgeoisie. Making other people work for you is where it's at. That's why I'm a Marxist, because nothing is better than keeping the poor man down while growing personal wealth and monetary freedom.

The last time I felt this good was the time I sold cotton candy at the Canada Day parade in Raymond, Alberta. I even had underage labour working for me. I guess what I said before about there being nothing better than having other people working for you was wrong, because having little kids working for you is better.

That's probably why I don't feel bad for the kids in the Nike factories, because I myself have had a small group of ten-year-olds working for me during my cotton candy days. Wow! I guess I have more in common with Phil Knight that I had previously imagined.

-Gary Milner, going to take down Tim Horton

Ps. I'm thinking of calling them Trogdor Doughnuts instead of Texas Doughnuts.

No comments: