Sunday, February 08, 2004

Amy Comes to Calgary

Tracie's sister Amy moved in yesterday. Her parents brought her and all of her stuff yesterday morning.

She went to London Drugs in Brentwood by the University at 1:00 to talk to the manager there about getting a job. I guess she got a transfer there from the London Drugs in Medicine Hat. Which is great, because she had been working there long enough to get a small raise. Apparently her manager in the Hat gave her a great reference, and the manager here is giving Amy shifts starting on or around the 20th.

Amy's course starts on the 23rd, I think, and she will be working about 12 hours a week. Her course goes from 8:00 to 3:00 five days a week for three months. Apparently, they place about 95% of their students into jobs right away. Amy is pretty happy about that.

Job Train

Gail called her Cousin Evan and we went to Boston Pizza with him last night so that I could meet him and do a little networking. It was a pretty positive thing. It sounds to me like he will be a big help in getting a job. He knows a few consultants that are turning away access database work for smaller companies right now because they are too busy to do such small jobs, but would possibly take them if they had a guy like me to do them.

It was so nice of Gail to introduce me to him. I think that it will speed up my up my job search quite a bit.

-Gary

No comments: