Monday, February 16, 2004

Weekend Action

My parents came up for the weekend. I had a good visit with them. We did a little shopping, and my Mom bought a few new shirts for my Dad to take on his trip to California. You have to look good if your going to the drag racing championships. They also bought themselves new leather jackets. They spent close to a thousand bucks. I guess that's not too much if you only buy clothes every three years or so.

Amy had her first day of work today, which is great because it is a statutory holiday and she is getting paid double time.

I called the Ideal Bakery to ask them how far in advance you need to order 30 dozen doughnuts. She said that they need two or three days. It's looking like I may be selling 360 doughnuts in a week or so. I'm really starting to get excited about it. James sold 30 dozen the other day. He says he figures that 40 dozen would be about the most you could sell. Buying 30 dozen is about the most I would dare to buy on my first time out though, because spending $400 on doughnuts and a table seems to be a pretty big risk.

The only similar thing that I've done is when I sold cotton candy in Raymond on the first of July. It cost around $80 for all the materials and I made enough money to pay for everything and buy a DVD player, so it was a pretty profitable proposition.

-Gary Milner, Internet Businessman

No comments: