Friday, February 06, 2004

Basketball Fever

Well, I shot the Dinos basketball game tonight. Apparently is was a game of some importance. We're probably putting it on the cover. I think I got a few good ones, but I haven't seen them yet. It takes a long time to rotate almost 400 megabytes of data 90 degrees to the left. Even when you use a Mac to do it.

Quite a few people go to the games. There are too many people for it to be simply family and friends like at a high school game, so I guess some people must like going to the game. Myself, I find watching sports a little on the boring side. Not that boring, I guess, but I would far rather play a sport than watch others play it.

The Dinos are a good team, no doubt about it, but I can't help comparing myself to them. In the warm-ups, the players like to dunk the ball. Thinking back, I could dunk as good as a quarter of the Dinos when I was in grade 9 and as good as half of them in the 10th, especially considering the fact that most of them will never dunk during an actual game.

The problem is: I don't know why I should be cheering for either of the teams. Maybe because I go to the same school or live in the same city as the stadium where they play? Not likely.

A week ago, I went with one of the volunteers who shot the volleyball game. I sat in the stands with Tracie while I was waiting for the photog. He filled the card with 2 or games left in the Men's match. I asked Tracie if she wanted to stay to see who would win. She didn't care, and neither did I, so we left early.

Dinos win or lose, I don't really care. I guess it would be different in a national championship game, at least I would stay untill the end. I might even find it in my heart to be disappointed for a minute or two if they lost. Then again, maybe not.

-Gary Milner

No comments: