Saturday, July 26, 2003

Show Me The Money!

This check, I came with in $200-300 of what Tracie makes in one check. This wouldn't be news worthy if she didn't make 2.5 times as much as me. You might think how do you make almost as much as someone who gets paid 2.5X what you get paid. The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, for 107 hours over the last two weeks. That's right. Over the last two weeks, I got 107 hours. Not 80 like most people or 55 like I got at the bank. That's a lot of hours.

Yesterday, Cam's parents came to help him on a job. They are on vacation here from Saskatoon. I was able to lay almost all the bricks in a large patio by noon. It's amazing how much faster you can lay a patio of cobblestones, when you have someone passing you the bricks. I'm sure that they saves use several hours. We thought that we had mainly finnished the job yesterday except for a little sod and washed rock, but it turns out that the salesman/landscape architect forgot to tell us about a 70 foot X 3 foot path that is supposed to run along the side of the house. That's more than 50% of the entire job. How in the world do you forget to tell the contractor about half of the job? Cam's really ticked off at the guy. The guy didn't even order enough bricks, and we're also short of about 4 cubic yards of road crush. That's a pretty significant error.

-Gary Milner

No comments: