Friday, July 25, 2003

Jeff Milner Movie Review - The Italian Job

The Italian Job is one of those movies that I see the preview and I think no way Jose. But it was at the Movie Mill and hence not the regular gouge you get at the other theatre so Anna and I went. The movie, while not by any means plausible, at least didn't ooze fake-ness, which in my opinion is a common downfall for action movies. I really liked the settings that they chose for this film and with the all-star cast, I couldn't help but like this film. The computer hacker that can take over the world from his laptop and explosive that seem to cut through buildings with laser like accuracy aside, I enjoyed the action in this film and it's "Ocean's 11" style theme of bad guys outwitting badder guys. The settings were great with a boat chase in Venice, some beautiful Italian mountain shots and of course my favourite, the Hollywood and Highland finale. Of course having just been there two weeks before makes any movie more interesting. So I recommend if you can find The Italian Job playing in the cheap theatres, go see it, and if not - then it's worth the rental price and more importantly you won't find yourself wishing for more thumbs.

Water Restrictions

Currently there is a water restriction on watering your lawn if you live on the South Side of Lethbridge. I of course haven't watered my lawn all year except for once last week and once yesterday. The ban started yesterday... oops. Anyway I figure I have been quite the conservatist up until now - they should cut me some slack. It was weird because when I started watering yesterday, I looked down the street and nobody was watering. "That's odd" I thought, but then thought here I go watering my sickly, ant infested, dying lawn. (Most of the ants are gone - but there are still a few stragglers and I'm out of diamaceous earth).

Mom's On the Blog

So far Mom as posted the same number of times as Jackie. Won't take long for her to pull ahead (her first post is below).

JP is coming to Canada

It sounds like JP is going to make it up here for Jackie's reception. Here is a picture of us together outside the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood.



We were waiting for the valet to bring us his car.

No comments: