Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Dairy Queen Sucks: Or, Why I'm Boycotting the DQ

The Dairy Queen chain in Calgary leaves a lot to be desired. I admitt that I have only been to 3 of their franchises, but they all seem to be very dirty. The kids that work there don't even attempt to pretend that they care about anything. Tracie and I went to get blizzards the other day, but since I was still hungry I decided to have a poutine first. I specifically asked for a large water. My exact words were, "water in a large cup." To the manager. He gives me a styrofoam cup of water. Styrofoam! I had asked for a large cup with water in it! I looked him in the eyes and asked if I could have a large cup. He said that he would refill my cup. I said, "I don't feel like walking up here five times." That's why I'm boycotting the Dairy Queen. I hope the $50 that I don't spend there over the next year puts them out of business.

No comments: