Friday, April 14, 2006

My Sister Jackie

This photo makes me very homesick. I don't know why. I've seen Jackie maybe 10 times in the last 10 years. She called me the other day and we talked for an hour. That's one thing I want to change about myself. I really should call people more often. I guess I just feel like I don't really have anything to say except the same old boring stuff.

When I went to Edmonton to take pictures of my cousin's son's wedding it struck me how different she looks from what I remember.

I guess I'll probably always remember her as a 14 year old. I have to admit that if I saw her walking in a mall in a place where I wasn't already expecting her I probably wouldn't even recognize her and that make me really sad.

We won't be coming home until mid-July. Right now our tickets are set to have us leaving on July 10th, but we will be changing them so that we can leave from the east coast now.

We think we want to make a stop over on the way home, but our tickets expire on the 17th so we'll be back in Canada at least by then.

We moved out of the flat and into a backpacker hostel this morning. It is a private room with ensuite toilet and shower. All and all, even though it is only one room and a toilet, it isn't that much smaller than the flat was. It is a lot newer though and way nicer.

I had my last day of work in Perth yesterday. They bought me a box of Lindor chocolates as a going away present. I've eaten most of them already.

1 comment:

Jon said...

What are your plans for when you get back to Canada?