Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Egg Traditions


Dog in a Ute
Originally uploaded by Tracie Milner.
We'll have to tell you about Dogs in Utes when we get back to Canada. Right now, I'm writing about Easter.

Each year my family decorates eggs much like this one. We use wax crayons to make our pictures then we dunk them in food coloring. Part two of the tradition is to roll them down a hill to see whose egg makes it the farthest without breaking apart. Might sound crazy if you've never tried it, but I have done this every easter for as long as I can remember and it's one of my family traditions that I will definitely pass on and do with my own children, if I ever have any.

The thought of not doing it this year made me very sad. So even though it's just Gary and I we will be rolling eggs tomorrow in Mount Lawley.

I have never won. But this year, with a 50/50 chance of winning my luck is looking to improve. Worst case scenario I come in second.

To my family: You might have to mail me the trophy this year. Or at least hold it for me... I'm looking to win and I've been excercising my rolling arm.

No comments: