- Sympathy and sorrow aroused by the misfortune or suffering of another.
- a deep awareness of and sympathy for another's suffering.
- the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it.
- Characterized by kindness, mercy, or compassion.
- Marked by an emphasis on humanistic values and concerns.
-Compassionate treatment, especially of those under one's power.
-A disposition to be kind and forgiving.
-Alleviation of distress; relief.
I hope people don't misunderstand my last post. I'm not saying that any of the three groups not recieving the donations aren't deserving, just that people here in North America seem to care more about places where they vacation than places like Iran or most of Africa.
If there is one group of people that deserves pity and compassion it is children of people with AIDS that are also infected with AIDS. You can't say that they brought it upon themsleves. You might as well blame a kid for being born blind.