Saturday, September 25, 2004

More Photo Stuff

I shot Tracie's Aunt's wedding today.

The wedding was very nice, it was very intimate and laid back. I admit that I haven't been closely involved in more than a handful of weddings but I for one wasn't feeling a ton of stress. I'll bet it was one of the most stress free weddings for Tracie's grandmother inside of her own family.

Tracie's grandfather gave a very eloquent and lovely toast to the groom, it reminded me of Jack Nicholson's toast in About Schmidt. The groom's brother also gave a very wonderful toast to the bride.

The photos went well and, although I haven't seen them, I am quite confident that there are some very beautiful portraits. I wish that I had more experience photographing weddings, because it seems that I'm having a hard time making sure that I get all the groups shot that I need to, and most often it's my side of the family that gets the shorter end of the stick, not by much, but I'm not sure that it's a 50-50 split. It wasn't when I did Tracie's sister Megan's wedding for sure. My family got a little bit of a shaft when I shot Jackie's wedding.

Another place where I need to improve is doing group shots. I have a hard time posing people, but it's just a matter of having more practice.

Flashback

The Pelican Brief is on tv right now. Which makes me think that I will probably never make out for two hours while another couple is also making out in the same room ever again. Not that Tracie and I didn't enjoy it 10 years ago, but I just don't think we have the kissing stamina anymore.

-Gary

No comments: