Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Pedestrians

Lately the topic of pedestrians being hit has been on my mind. So far this year 338 pedestrians have been hit in Calgary. I couldn't find any info about pedestrians being hit here in Lethbridge but as a driver I have noticed how oblivious some of the folks around here are. When it comes to crossing a street and there is only one car coming for miles, why do pedestrians feel that they should waltz out into the street without even looking stopping that one car while they leisurely make there way across. I know they have the so called right of way, but in my opinion it would be polite of the pedestrians to wait until the one car is gone because obviously they won't have to wait as long for a vehicle as the vehicle will have to wait for them.

No comments: