Monday, October 06, 2003

Jeff Milner Movie Review: Bend it Like Beckham

Using a free movie rental I got in the mail, Anna and I rented Bend it Like Beckham. I never had high hopes for this movie, so in fact it wasn't much of a let down for me. Anna, however, was surprised that a movie with such hype by the critics was going to be something much more than a simple movie about an (East) Indian girl trying to play soccer while at the same time keeping her family happy. While that's pretty much what it broke down to - nothing deep at all, I did however enjoy it for what it was, a simple feel good movie with the basic plot turns expected in such a movie. The writer(s) didn't ruin it by trying to make it a movie about whether the team wins or loses, as a lot of sports movies do, but instead the focus was on the decisions made by the protagonists, which in my opinion makes all the difference in the world. If you're up for a nice family movie with a happy ending, check it out.

Coming to Med. Hat

I'll be in Medicine Hat this weekend for Thanksgiving. I've heard from the grapevine that Gary and Tracie are not coming. Jackie will be late and Anna-Maria is going to be in Utah for the weekend. I for one think you guys are missing out - but if you have to work or go on a trip with family... well I guess that you gotta do what you gotta do. :) (I'm sure you'll have fun Anna).

Siegfried & Roy Magic Show

If you haven't heard, Roy was attacked by one of the tigers in their show. When reading the story I couldn't help but wonder what they did with the tiger after the attack. At the end of the article it says, "The tiger was quarantined at the hotel." What do you think they are worried that it has?

No comments: