Monday, September 11, 2006

Prosthetic Legs Aplenty

I forgot to mention that while I was doing the portraits at that elementary school the other day, a little girl came limping up to me with her nametag.

I asked her if she had hurt her foot.

She said, "No, I have an artificial leg."

Oh.

Sure enough, I could see rubber toes through the end of her sandals.

Then today at a highschool a kid came through with an artificial leg. It really surprised me becasue I wouldn't have thought I would have run into so many people with missing limbs.

-Gary

2 comments:

Jeff said...

What makes you think their limbs are missing?

gary said...

They probably know where the limbs are, like in a big jar of formaldehyde or something. But they are missing in the sense that they have one leg unattached to their bodies.