Saturday, May 07, 2005

The Move

We got the move all done. We're at Tracie's Uncle's house now.

I have stress. It isn't from any one thing, but from life the universe and everything. I really wanted to quit my job five weeks ahead of scheduele, but then I had a medicinal doughnut and things were much better.

They told me that I will no longer be working in the office, which means I will be out moving stuff all day. I didn't know a job could both suck and blow at the same time, now I do. In anycase after three days straight moving stuff, the joints in my elbows and shoulders really started to ache. I decided that I was no longer going to put up with it now that I am out of the office permanently so I filed a first aid report. HR let me know that I must go see the doctor.

What a supreme waste of time. I was very hesitant to do this (although I did sort of want to) for two reasons. 1. Because I didn't have an appointment and I knew that it would take about a year to get into see the doctor, and 2. Because there is nothing the doctor could do for me anyway.

It turned out that I was right on both counts. I waited in the lobby for 2 hours and 15 minutes then in one of the side rooms for 15 more minutes then the doctor told me that I should work slower, but never actually suggested any modified sort of duties for me.

We leave the country on July 17th. I have five weeks of work before I quit to go to the wedding and have a vacation. It just can't pass fast enough.

-Gary Milner

No comments: