Sunday, May 15, 2005

4th Ave Flyover



Calgary Public Library

My brother sent me a program called autostitch that automatically stitches together series of photos to make panoramic images.

These images are from groups of photos that I took the other day. I am quite impressed with how well the program works, and I will most likely be making a lot of panoramas in the future. The top picture is of the 4th Ave. Fly over, and the bottom picture is of the books on the main floor of the downtown Calgary public library.

Lots of stuff has been happening lately. We are settling into Tracie's Aunt and Uncle's house, Work is steadily progressing, and we will be really ready to fly away in 64 more days. 63 if you don't include today.

I did a quiz the other day that gave two conflicting statements and you had to pick which ones more completely described your thought process. One of the statements was "Immigrants today are a burden on our country because they take our jobs, housing, and health care." It seemed to me to be subtlely racist. How is someone getting a job, buying or renting a place to live, or visiting a doctor, a burden on a country. If anything it is a benefit to the country to have more people producing and spending in that country. I guess it would be a burden on the individual who must compete more to get a job, buy a house, or wait their turn to see the doctor, but that isn't a burden on the economy or the country.


-Gary Milner

No comments: