Saturday, May 21, 2005

I Found A Wallet

I found a wallet at the hospital this morning when I was picking Tracie up from work. It has over $300 in it. Unfortunately, it also has ID. It would have been a lot better if it was just a pile of money.

In a situation like this, I can't help but remember the whole cell phone incident of last summer. Even if the guy offers me a reward, Tracie will get mad if I accept it, so I'm going to have to keep it quiet if he does. Maybe I'll go see a movie by myself or something.

Who says I never learn anything?

The Scotts Steal Dad's Idea

Dad it looks like your idea for harnessing the power of the ocean has been stolen.

"A Scottish company, Ocean Power Delivery (OPD) and it's Norwegian backer, Norsk hydro are set install three wave powered generators 3.5 miles off the north coast of Portugal for the Portuguese renewable energy group Enersis. This will be the world's first commercial wave powered generating system. Providing the initial three generators perform as expected, an additional thirty wave powered generators will be installed by the end of 2006. It's estimated the wave powered generator farm will displace 6000 tonnes of carbon dioxide that would otherwise be emitted from conventional electrical generating plants."


-Gary

No comments: