Friday, February 25, 2005

Stupid or Lazy, Not Both

Over the last few months, I have found that I can tolerate people who are stupid or lazy, but not both. I feel that people can make up for being dumb by working really hard. It also seems to me that if you are really smart, it is easier to tolerate your laziness.

However, if there is one group that is just awful it is people who are both dumb and lazy. It just bugs me to no end that when I am working at what I consider to be my normal speed, (moving heavy furniture all day without sweating) that I can be moving twice as much stuff as some of the other people.

I try to tell myself that how hard the other people work shouldn't affect how hard I am working, but it doesn't always work. The little devil Gary on my right should keeps telling me how stupid and lazy that guy is. The little angel Gary on my left shoulder keeps telling me, "don't let it bother you, just keep working at the same rate you always do."

Then the devil Gary kicks the angel Gary in the shins and I get really annoyed with my stupid, lazy, co-workers.

-Gary Milner

No comments: