Tuesday, February 08, 2005

A Sticky Situation

I was making small talk with an acquaintance of mine that I bumped into yesterday, when I reached into my purse for a pack of gum. I popped a piece out for myself, and to be polite I offered him one. He accepted my offer, but instead of putting the gum in his mouth, he took the piece and put it straight into his pocket. Saving it for later, I guess.

This may not seem that strange to some of you, but I found it quite odd and even a little offensive. If you aren't going to chew the gum at the time it is offered, don't take it. I started to wonder if he had several pieces of gum in his pockets from various people who had offered him some throughout the day.

The more I think about it, the more it bothers me.

-Tracie, "Get your own gum next time"

No comments: