Saturday, February 12, 2005

IMPORTANT TO SAY WHAT YOU MEAN

When I went to buy some new linoleum awhile back the sales person said that their company would sell me a whole new floor for "x" amount of money. I said I don't need a floor I just need some linoleum. The sales person looked irritated and said, thats what I gave you a quote on. I picked up on the irritation and I said no, you said you would replace the floor. Then the sales person changed the subject but remained abbrasive. Roof covering companies do the same thing. They advertise that they will replace your roof. When they say they will replace your roof they mean they will replace the shingles. My son Jeff says that he sells beds. I haven't investigated fully yet so I don't really know for sure, but I suspect that what he sells is matresses. Stuff like this makes me blue in the face.

No comments: