Monday, January 06, 2003

Anna, maybe you should sue them. At least you got to see a half decent movie after all the commercials, what if the frutopia ad had been the best part of the entire show? That would have sucked.

Well, I guess I do have some good things to say about my life so far.

Today I had an appointment to switch my academic concentration away from finance and into Management of Information Systems. This is where the really good news comes in. As it turns out, with the new concentrations, I get to use a computer class that I took way back in 95 (that's 1995 not 2095 for all you non-y2k compliant people) so that put me one class closer to graduation. Another stroke of good luck is that the advisor noticed that I had taken geog 333 twice and got b+ both times and asked why I repeated. To make a long story short, it's because it transferred as being the same class. The advisor insisted that I go speak to someone in the geography dept about at least getting credit for a sr. level science class. She even printed out 2 pages of the MHC class descriptions website for me. I went up to see the prof. in charge of that sort of stuff, and he said, "Ok I'll call the registrars office and have them change it in the computer for you." So that's the story about the easiest $500 that I ever saved. That means that after this semester, I'll only have 3 classes to go until graduation instead of 5. This has been the best day of the whole Christmas vacation.

That's when my day took a terrible turn for the worse. I decided that since I wasn't doing anything else, I would go to the bank and update my address. I rode the bus an hour to get there only to find out that I am at least mildly mental because my address had already been changed. After thinking about it for another hour on the bus ride home, I still don't remember updating the address. Tracie must have done it over the phone or Internet or something. Maybe I did it, but I sure don't remember.

No comments: