Saturday, October 12, 2002

So, I was watching the Queen on TV yesterday, and she's walking down a long aisle at the CBC, and all these little kids have flowers. The Queen goes to the edge of the red carpet and takes the flowers from the kids. As her arms get full of flowers, she passes them back to the peons behind her. To put in water obviously, or the garbage, we might as well say what really happens to the flowers.

Anyway, Tracie says, “What makes the Queen think those flowers are for her? They could just be holding the flowers for somebody else.”

That makes me think that if I were holding flowers and the Queen made a grab for them, I would pull them away just in the nick of time and maybe say to the Queen, “What the hell are you doing? These flowers aren’t for you!” Then I’d shout out, “Police! Police! The Queen just tried to steal my flowers!”

Maybe it would be better to just say, “Too slow!” or “Too bad sucker!” And after all the dust settled, I’d be on every TV in the Common Wealth for at least a few minutes as the crazy guy of the day.

No comments: