Thursday, October 24, 2002

Happy birthday Jackie 'O Lantern! You know I always wished that your birthday was on the 31st.

Tracie and I opened a savings account today. I went to a teller to find out what you had to do. (at my old bank, we had an information desk) Anyway the teller said two pieces of id with my address on them. Well, I had my drivers licence, my SIN card, 2 different visas (one from the bank in question), student id and any number of club cards. But she wanted something with my address on it. Like a bill. Like a bill. I'd just like to point out that you call what ever company up and just tell them your address. You just tell the driver's licence people your address. That's how you get your address on anything! You just tell someone and they put it on. That's how the bank knows we moved. We just told them our address, and they typed it into the computer. Well Tracie happened to go to another teller at the same time who didn't think that we needed another address id, and so the tellers had a little discussion about the importance of having two pieces of address verification. Anyway, we got sent back to a personal banker, who gave us another account and offered us a $10,000 line of credit. All without having any piece of Id with a current address. (We haven't updated our driver's licences since the last time we moved.) Anyway, I hate banks and dumb tellers.

No comments: