Monday, June 28, 2004

Voting

Tracie and I went to vote today. It's sort of scary that it takes longer to get a Big Gulp than it takes to vote.

Tracie went first and while she was behind the screen, I wanted to ask the ladies if I could just mark my X right at the table without going behind the screen. I decided against it because they would have likely refused, and I would have said something like, this isn't Iraq or anything.

Since the outcome of my particular riding is very likely to be the same as last time, I was thinking of voting NDP, just in case they do well out east, I could claim to have helped Nader the Liberals. As it is, I'm using my vote to cancel James Keller's vote. I'm not sure if he will find that as funny as I do.

One thing I find funny is that we use X's instead of checkmarks to vote. Checks have always meant something good to me, like I got the answer right. X's are great because it's like you are saying, "I'm voting for you, but you are probably not all that great."

Asking a poltician to be honest is a bit like asking a chicken to vote for Colonel Sanders.

-Gary Milner, "Vote early and vote often. "

No comments: