Monday, June 14, 2004

Money Money Money, Money

Here is a picture of me in my convocation outfit. Doesn't it make me look smrt? I don't really feel any smarter than I was before. It seems as if I have always been exactly this smart. I may know a lot more stuff now, but I don't think that I am much ahead of where I was in elementary school.



We've been known to talk about the superstore by our house on occasion. Well, complain is a more accurate word. There is one redeeming feature to our very own megalomart: People leave their carts behind. Yesterday I found a cart in the parking lot, and as I was taking it back to the cart corral for the loonie, I found a loonie on the ground. Let me tell you, nothing in this world is better than finding two dollars in less than a minute. That's over $120/hour for taking a cart back to the cart corral. Wait a minute, there is something better than finding $2. Finding $2 while eating a doughnut is better than just finding $2. Now my lifetime total for finding Superstore carts with loonies still inside has hit five. Four of them at the Superstore here in Calgary by our house, and one of them at the Superstore in Medicine Hat.

My lifetime total for finding loonies (or Loonie equivilants) on the ground is by co-incidence also five. Two at the Superstore by our house, two in Argentina, and one at a fiddle contest in BC.

You might think it's odd that I can remember every loonie I ever found, right down to the spot where I found it, but finding a dollar on the ground is a big deal. It hardly ever happens, since people take care of their money and because when you see a dollar on the ground, you pick it up.

-Gary

No comments: