Monday, June 14, 2004

More about convocation

As Gary said, we had our convocation ceremonies on Wednesday and Thursday. Yikes. One was long enough...but two in a row?!!

Gary's didn't seem quite as bad because I was busy taking pictures, but not only was mine an hour longer, I also had to sit on my butt for all but 3 minutes of it. Part way through mine the fire alarms went off causing a delay, which although made it even longer, was kind of a nice excuse for a break.

Here is my advice to anyone who will be convocating from the U of C in the near future. When you arrive, they give you your cap and gown and your degree. Yes, they hand you the degree before it starts. Do you see where I'm going with this?

You can now go outside, get pictures taken of yourself and with your family, and then return your gown and get out of there. You still get the degree, you still get the pictures, you just don't get the headache and nausea that go along with sitting through three or four hours of people who think they're important blabbing on. It's genius really. After seeing how it worked on Wednesday at Gary's ceremony, I would have done it except of course that my parents and grandparents drove to Calgary for it. I bet looking back they would have appreciated it though.

-Tracie..."Convocation is more fun than getting hit in the head with rocks".

No comments: