Saturday, June 19, 2004

Photo Job

Jeff forwarded me an email the other day, concerning a photo job in Grassy Lake on July 3. They are having a school reunion, 10 years worth of student are going to be attending which means aproximately 150 students.

They want someone who can do 10 class portraits and print them on the spot. They had a guy booked last year, but he wanted $15 for a 5x7. I told her that I could do them on the spot for $10 or I could mail them out for $7.50. I'm 99% sure that it would be more profitable for me to mail them out than print them on the spot.

The lady figures that I would proabably sell around 200 prints, but I'm not sure where she got that figure from. I would imagine that she just made it up. If everyone got their own class photo, that would be about 150. I imagine a few would want shots of just themselves and their friends, which could mean an extra 50 photos, but I'm not sure.

Another product I could do at the same time would be to do photos of the party, and sell cd's at the end of the night. I could include individual/couple portraits of all the guests.

The main thing I'm worried about is that 150-200 prints on a printer might take 3+ hours, not to mention burning all those cd's. Which is fine as long as I can do the class portraits at the beginning of the night and the party goes for more than 3 hours. Printing time is one of the main reasons that I would rather take the photos, and then mail them out the day after, not to mention the fact that I would probably be making just as much money or more, without compacting all the stress in to a few short hours.

If you can think of any other products that could be done at the same time (assuming I get the job) feel free to post them in the comments section.

-Gary Milner

No comments: