Monday, November 19, 2007

Winning Team Wins You Pizza

So I went to a Tigers hockey game three weeks ago, and I noticed that on the back of the ticket there was a coupon for a free personal pan pizza if the home team wins by 3 or more points.

Well, they won by three points. Now, it seems to me that the most obvious thing to do in a situation like this is to try and find more ticket stubs that people threw on the ground to obtain more than one free pizza. Nine free pizzas to be exact.

I told the girls where I work that I walked around the arena looking for ticket stubs. They all seem to think that this should not be done. It is just completely unreasonable to pick ticket stubs off the floor for a free pizza. I say there's not a lot I wouldn't do for $63 worth of pizza. I don't know if they are influencing each other in their responses but I would totally do it again.

In fact, although I am not a big hockey fan I have started listening to the tigers play on the radio so that in cases where they win by 3 or more points on a Friday or Saturday I can drive down to the arena and get more tickets. Because, you know, they only check for tickets at the start of the game, not at the end.

-Gary

3 comments:

Jon said...

Sounds like Rea's stories about when she was a kid and her dad would drive from car dealership to car dealership looking for free hotdogs on the weekend.

:-)

gary said...

They give free hotdogs at car dealerships?!?!?! I wish she would have told me that a long time ago.

ps. Jon, I'm taking that comment as approval of picking up the ticket stubs.

Jon said...

I would pick them up too... Its like find free money.

On a similar note, Rea also has this uncanny ability to spot money lying on the ground from far away. I guess that is a super-power.