Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Photographing Stuff

Well, we finished the first high school last week and I did a junior high school today and tomorrow we are on to our first elementary school. Time is just flying by. It seems like the day of shooting head shots is going by much faster than it did last year. Maybe we've removed a lot of the kinks from our system or something. I'm pretty happy with how things are going.

On the long weekend I went to see my sister and shoot a wedding with her. It went very well. I think that shooting with me gives Jackie a little stress because I point out things that she would have missed. But she's pretty happy with my photos and likes getting help posing the bigger groups.

In fact she asked me to stay for a shoot she had planned for the next day with a group of 11 people Grandparents, kids, and grand kids. It seemed pretty straightforward to me, but that's basically what I do, families of various sizes. Jackie just wants to shoot toddlers and basically nothing else. She's making such a name for herself that she just keeps getting all sorts of bookings and she has a hard time saying no, at least a little.

I told her to just make her prices so high for the things she doesn't like doing that she can't refuse. I don't know how she liked that idea or if she took me seriously.

Anyway I had a really good time shooting with her. I think we learn a lot from each other every time we shoot together. At least I hope she's learning stuff from me because I'm learning from her a lot. Especially how to act around the kids. New schtick always helps.

-Gary

No comments: