Friday, May 11, 2007

30

So I turned 30 on the 8th.

I had a really great day on my birthday, my boss bought me an ice cream cake.

The day after was pretty darn good too. I went out to Schuler, a town so small, they don't have a gas station. I did photos of their volleyball teams, the basketball team, the badminton team and the student council / yearbook committee / entire junior high (They're a hard working group of student politicians doing triple duty like that). School aged kids are pretty fun in 1.5 hour doses.

In fact the last few days have been going very well.

I bought myself a new flash for my camera, and I am really excited about it. The first day of test pictures look great, and I am looking forward to using it more. It is going to be a real benefit to me. It really is working well straight out of the box, which is really good, because today, I tried to read the manual and, well... it made me want to die. So, apart from learning how to add an optional battery to make the flash recycle time shorter. It looks like I will be mostly learning by trial and error.

In any case, I'm doing well just not writing much for the blog. It doesn't seem like I've been in the mood. Hopefully this invigorates me a little.

No comments: