Friday, December 15, 2006

Picking up School Photos

People come into the studio to pick up their kids school photos.

They say, "I'm here to pick up photos for Lisa Simpson".

I say, "Are they studio photos or school photos?"

This confuses a lot of people. I can only imagine what is going through their head. The problem is that, while the photos are school photos, we did retakes at the studio.

They say, "Studio."

I look through the studio photos and can't find Lisa, so I say, "Are they a retake of a school photo?"

They say, "Yes"

That makes them a school photo even though we took the picture in the studio.

I think to myself, boy is this guy dumb or what. I look through the school photos. There is no Lisa Simpson. Now I'm not claiming to be smarter than 99.9% of other people, but I can alphabetize well enough to get Simpson together with the other Ss or in the S section if you know what I mean.

Sometimes there is someone else named Simpson that I can ask about, but in this case there isn't, so I say, "I don't see anything for Lisa Simpson, did you get a phone call about it?"

They say, "Yes yesterday"

I say, "Is Lisa Simpson the name of the student?"

They say, "No the students name is Carla Sassenfrass."

I think, "WTF? ARE YOU STUPID? HOW IN THE WORLD AM I SUPPOSED TO GET CARLA SASSENFRASS FROM LISA SIMPSON?" I guess I should know all the step-moms in the entire city so that I can auto-magically connect them to these kids. In this situation I truely feel like I am not the dumb one.

In order to stop the madness, I have started asking if the name they told me is the student's. It cuts down on time spent looking for step-parents.

-Gary

No comments: