Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Climber

I went to Drayton Valley over the weekend to photograph a wedding with my sister Jackie. It was a really fun time. I was acting as her assistant. I took pictures of the guys getting ready at the groom's house while Jackie took pictures of the girls back at the hotel. We shot the ceremony together then I helped Jackie with the lights and group formals at the hotel. Once the family shots were done, we took turns shooting the bride and groom.

I really like working with Jackie a lot. We have very complimentary skills and styles. I think that I'm a lot stronger with the technical side of shooting and equipment as well as controlling and posing larger groups, while Jackie is a lot stronger with more artistic posing in small groups and individuals.

Jackie wants me to open up a studio with her a lot and I think that it would be pretty fun.

While I was there, I had a good time visiting with Jackie and playing with the boys. Those kids are so fun, but a lot of work too. Ryker is a star with the Wii, he plays bowling, golf and boxing. He does pretty well at boxing, I think he randomly flails his arms at pretty much exactly the correct speed to do serious damage to his opponents. Eric likes to grab the other controller and wave it in the air like his brother. He doesn't even care if the Wii is turned on while he does it.

Those boys are really cute. I had a really good time visiting them.

-Gary

No comments: