Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Life In Melbourne

Tracie got everything with her Victora nursing registration worked out yesterday after our marriage certificate arrived. She is schedueled to work night shifts for a week starting today.

This morning, we went to the lookout deck of the tallest office building in the southern hemisphere. It costs $13.50, but luckily they have a backpacker discount which brought the price down by $2.00. I'm still not sure if it was worth it, but at least is was something to do.

After lunch Tracie and two of our nurse roommates went to the old Melbourne Gaol. It's where they hanged Ned Kelly. They wanted $12.50 to get in so I decided not to go even though Tracie and her friends went. It seems to me that they should be thrown into their own jail for charing $12.50 to get in. I figure that maybe if they caught me shoplifting something, I could probably get a free tour of a new jail but I didn't want to take a chance on being too good a criminal and actually making it out of the gift shop with a Ned Kelly puppet and not getting a free jail tour.

In anycase, it seemes to me that almost everything in Perth was free and that almost everything here in Melbourne costs $12.50+.

I'm looking for a job today, but I feel bad telling restauranteurs that I'm planning on being here several months when in fact we are only planning on being here for two weeks. It not only is an outright lie, it seems dishonest. Although I'm pretty sure no one wants to hire someone for only two weeks. I wish I had a job where I could work for 8 hours and then move on and they love you for it like Tracie can.

Anyway, look for new pictures on flickr in a day or two.

-Gary Milner

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com