Saturday, May 31, 2003

Wisdom Teeth If You're Reading This, Good Riddance

I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. Well three of them anyway. One has moved to fill in a hole left by one of my previous teeth. Not that the dentist didn't make a try for it. I felt him swabbing it up for the needle and told him that that one was staying.

He said, "I just realized that right before you spoke up." What a liar.

They came out pretty easily, and it didn't hurt too much. The cracking noise coming from the general vicinity of my mouth was really creepy though. The University dental plan will be covering half of the $604.00 and Tracie's Blue Cross will cover the rest.

Tracie's Dad came to town last night with Becky looking for a motobike, he went home disappointed, but not before he took us to Jack Astor's. I had to have the soup. It was good soup, but I went home hun-gary, not full-gary.

The swelling has really settled in this morning. I look a lot like the Godfather now. I'm thinking of having the dentist wacked. Speaking of the Godfather, we watched AFI's 100 most heart pounding movies last night. #50 is Marathon Man, I don't really know what it is about, but a large part of it involves the Rain Man getting toutured by a friggin dentist drilling in his mouth. They showed long clips of that damn dentist and I just about passed out from the thought of it.

No comments: