Friday, May 02, 2003

I went out to breakfast this morning with members of the band I play in.

Two of them made it a point to invite me. It turned out that the breakfast was at the hospital and was free because its volunteer week this week. We were to all meet at the back gate to the parking lot at precisely eight-thirty a.m.. I wasn't hungry but I decided I had to go because of the party factor and I thought it might be rude if I didn't show up after being invited by my friends. I got there five minutes early and I saw my friends vehicles parked nearby but there were no friends in sight. I went to the cafeteria and there they all were scarfing pancakes and sausages. I reminded them that we were supposed to meet at the gate at eight-thirty. (I was pretty insulted) They kindly explained that as they were waiting there, they saw quite a few other volunteers going in and they thought they better get in there or it would all be gone.
Here's the point of this message. Don't ever be a guy that would do this kind of thing. Don't be a pig. And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: