Tuesday, June 29, 2004

How to Choose a Candidate

Rick Mercer says, "First ask the smartest person you know, who they will be voting for. Then as the stupidest person you know who they are voting for. Chances are they are voting for the same person. This proves that smarts has nothing to do with choosing a candidate."

People on TV, especially people from the Green Party are complaining that voters have generally been voting against parties, ie. I'm voting against the liberals because of the sponsorship scandal. I'm voting against the conservatives because they will cut public services. I'm voting against the NDP because they are just plain crazy.

Well, Green Party, the candidate I voted for was in favour of.... Wait a minute! I just checked the green party of Canada website. Wow, I take back what I said about the NDP being the crazy ones. The Green Party will restore walking as the basic building block of sustainable transportation, I don't think they mean walking to your car. Anyway, the candidate I voted for was in favour of not increasing the gas tax by upwards of $.15/liter. Among other things.

-Gary Milner

No comments: