Sunday, June 06, 2004

Gophers and Flags

On the way over to NE Calgary the other day, Gary and I took some back country roads instead of going through town to save time. At one point, we saw the remains of an unfortunate gopher squished on the road. Looking ahead, we could see that there were more to come. By the end of that stretch of road (maybe 3 or 4km??), we had counted 58 dead gopher bodies. I don't really know much about a gopher's intelligence, but I'd be willing to bet that they're pretty dumb.

It was such a sight to see that the first thing I said to Gary was "I'm going to write about this on the blog." When I got home to write about it though, words just couldn't do it justice (and still can't), so I really wanted a picture. I have to admit that I can't be bothered to take one though, partly because it seems stupid to drive somewhere just to take dead gophers' pictures, and partly because I'm not sure that it would be in good taste to post them on the blog. It was pretty amazing to see though.

Today we were driving back home up Deerfoot from Southland Dr. and we saw 5 Flames car flags on the road. I'd be pretty upset if I had one and lost it, since they cost close to $20. I thought they might have fallen off the cars from driving fast in the windy rain storm, but Gary figured it's because people have been rolling down their windows by accident.

No comments: