Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Mmm....lunch!

Gary and I went Christmas shopping at the Market Mall today. Well, not so much Christmas shopping as shopping for ourselves. We did buy something for Becky though, and I would have got something for Eva, but Gary thinks she will be too spoiled anyway. Anyway, Gary really needed some new shoes because the ones he wears now squeak every time he takes a step. That's a lot of squeaking, and listening to it gets old fast.

We went to Sport Chek to buy the shoes because that's where we always go. Even though we make big purchases there quite a bit, I have many gripes with their store and would definitely go elsewhere if there was a comparable place in the malls. My biggest complaint about Sport Chek is that their stuff is always on sale. That may seem good, but let me explain.

Sport Chek puts out coupons all the time that say things like "Buy any regular priced item over $50 and get 10% off". We even bought a student price card with a similar deal that cost us 7 bucks. The worst part is that these so-called "sales" are only pennies less than the original. So when you can't use your 10% off coupon because $100 shoes now cost $99.88, it is very frustrating. My sister Amy used to work there and she said she would frequently put sale tags on items for the exact same price as the original. Next time you go to Sport Chek, look around. I guarantee that 90% of the stuff will be on sale, but only by a few pennies. Especially the shoes.

After we bought the shoes, we decided to eat at the food court. When we got there, Gary wanted Chinese, and I really wanted a pita. How fabulous that we both got exactly what we wanted from two completely different places, and we still got to eat together. I sat there pondering it for a while, and came to the conclusion that food courts are pure genious. I may never go out to a real restaurant again.

Tracie, hates Sport Chek but loves food courts

No comments: